Sunday, July 20, 2008

It is hot out!!!

So my mom has decided that it is hot out and there's just not really anything she can do about it. Apparently complaining does not fix the situation, according to my dad :) Yesterday my mom mowed the yard- on the riding mower, and my dad, my uncle, and my grandpa (not settled on name yet) worked more on our never-ending fence!! They are so close to the end it's getting exciting...

Today my mom and dad went on a search for "closed-toe" shoes that are now a requirement at her work. She would like everyone to know that telling a pregnant woman in the middle of an Oklahoma summer that she has like 4 days to just start wearing closed-toe shoes everyday does not make her happy. She has come to realize it doesn't make any woman happy, but pregnant makes it more to complain about because seriously her feet are HUGE!
So today was a happy ending and a $20 pair of shoes were found that actually are comfortable and she is going to wear them to work tomorrow and try them out. After that my mom and dad tried to go see the new batman movie at the IMAX but the rest of Tulsa had that idea, so it was out. Instead they went by their friend's Rob and Crystal and saw their 9 mo old twins and picked up the changing table that they are giving them for my room.
The addition of the changing table inspired my mom to put away the clothes that have been all over my crib and arrange the room to her satisfaction. Here are some updated pictures of my room:
So you might notice that the center window blinds do not fully go to the window sill, well........ that would be because my mom has pregnancy brain and ordered all 3 20 inches too short. She reordered the two skinny ones b/c they have to be custom and the center they are going to try and just match at home depot- let's just say there was a pregnancy breakdown, just tears this time, when she realized what she had done. Dad was very nice and waited about 6 hours to start pointing out how dumb it was :)

The lamp that is on my dresser is pretty cool b/c it was my mom's mom's lamp when she was little and then it was my mom's growing up and now it's mine, so that's pretty cool.


Here's a picture of my mom's belly- I am one HUGE baby!!!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your outie! LUVS

Tessa said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy brain! I'd love to tell you that it gets better but it doesn't get much better! ;) If it makes you feel better, I tried to drop my dog off at the cleaners instead of the dog groomer when I was pregnant! I hope your doing great!

Krissy said...

Glad to see that you finally posted a new belly picture. Hope you are doing great! Krissy