Sunday, September 21, 2008

Annabelle Dorothy Journeycake is here!!!

I'm here, I'm here!!!! I decided to arrive the day before my mom's induction date, she woke up at 1:30 am on 9/18/08 with labor pains so they went to the hospital and even though my mom's contractions had slowed down to 6 min apart they were getting stronger and she was dilating so she was admitted and once the dr came at 7 am he broke her water and the contractions rapidly changed to every 3 min and then they started pitocin to make them stronger- which my mom says works REALLY well. She got an epidural about 2 hrs after all this - which she firmly believes is the greatest thing, Dr. Crans the anesthesiologist is her new best friend. Pain quickly got under control and things kept progressing. Mom called in all her friends and family to pray me down the birth canal. Her nurse was great and even though she was dilated to a 10, they had her "labor down", which just means waiting on contractions to move me down instead of making my mom "push" for hours. After 2 hours my mom started pushing with her morning nurse- Liz who stayed over just to see what my name was going to be and how big I was going to be and her new afternoon nurse. Apparently my mom is a VERY good pusher b/c they thought it was going to be a while and she only had to push for about 20 minutes or so! My mom thought this was a great thing!

I was born at 3:36 pm weighing 9 pounds 5 ounces and I am 21 inches long!!! My mom can not say enough great things about her nurses and techs at St. Francis and her doctor- Dr. Nilson. My mom and dad are very happy and excited- I have them totally wrapped around my little finger :) When we left the hospital yesterday I had only lost 5 ounces and that is very good for how big I am, I have my first doctor appointment tomorrow with Dr. McDowell.

Here are some pictures that my mom and dad took right after I was born- my mom is the poster so she left out the pics of here with 3 chins courtesy of the fluids, she will post some more in a little bit- since I am the first baby I am the boss around this house and they take pictures of my every little move!!!


6 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay!! I'm so exicted for you! Congratulations, Heather!! She's beautiful!

Tessa said...

Congrats Heather!!!! She's so cute! I'm so excited for you both. Your life will never been the same...Motherhood is the most amazing experience!

Michelle said...

I am crying right now! It is just the most amazing experience ever isn't it? I am so happy for you. You are forever changed. Welcome to the club!! She is adorable, and I'm so glad you both are doing well. CONGRATULATIONS MAMMA!!!

The Bryans said...

Congratulations Heather! She is a beautiful little girl!!

Anonymous said...

yayayayayay!!!

Sara said...

Congratulations Heather and James! I am so excited for you!!!! She is precious and I can't wait to meet her.