Friday, June 6, 2008

Almost 25 weeks...

Well tomorrow my mom will be 25 weeks pregnant! She can't believe how fast it has gone by. Right now I like to kick and squirm a lot, more then she thought I would. I am being nice and I haven't woken her up from sleep just yet... I think that will be more fun as I get bigger. Mom and dad went to see Dr. Nilson last week to check on me and everything looks great! He told them that I weigh about 1 pound 7 ounces... Seems on the big side to my mom!

The next appointment to check on me is June 17th and then on the 21st they are paying a little extra to get a 4-D ultrasound that will look at me for about an hour. Mom thinks it's worth it, dad thinks it's cool, but for the price should get a DVD instead of VHS.

My parents think that it is fun to keep my name a secret, they have a lot of people who don't think that is very fun- namely my great aunt Yvonne and my grandma (although she won't be called grandma she just hasn't decided on her "name" yet). Everyone has come up with some creative suggestions for my name. The girls at my mom's work don't like my name being secret so my mom named me Kishkidee so that they would have a name to call me.

Hopefully my mom can figure this blog thing out and post some pictures... I hope that this is fun so that you can all keep up on how I am doing!

5 comments:

Deemah said...

Love the blog!! Thank u for sharing! Baby Journeycake -you have the coolest parents! Love you guys! Miss you! Deemah & Frey

Pam VR said...

Grandma (not my real name) here - this is great! Now, I've made a perfectly reasonable suggestion for a name which seems to have been totally ingnored - it incorporates a first name begining with a "J" and even goes one step further and gives Babycake her daddy's initials. Is there some problem with "Jemimah Puddleduck Journeycake"???? Why, "back in the day" it was the grandmother's (not my real name) place to name the baby!! I have to admit though, Kishkidee Journeycake does have a certain ring to it......

Pops said...

Whoa.... this is a little freaky, to see "Mom and Dad". I've been known as "Dad" my self for the past 29 years, and now there's a new one! So since Kishkidee Jemimah Puddleduck Journeycake has her own blog, how long before she has her first i-pod, i-phone, and ....no wait! this is the 21st century so by the time she can communicate in a more broadly comprehensible language than "brxxfphul gaagoom dribfffet" she'll probably just have an "i-thing" for voice, video, text, images, clean your room, do your homework, etc..... This is cool.
Pops

Sara said...

Love the blog! Love the comments by Grandma (soon to be known as something different? :) and Pops!

Dorothy Von Rhee said...

look! uncle scott fixed my access to your blog! love all this info, especially being so far away. [Hi this is Uncle Scott helping mom write to your blog. :-) ]